NSP Scholarship Payment Not Credited: Reasons, Solutions, and How to Track Status
The NSP Scholarship is a financial aid program provided by the Indian government to help students from poor families cover their educational expenses. However, some students may experience a delay or non-payment of their scholarship due to various reasons. In this article, we will discuss the common reasons why the NSP Scholarship payment may not be credited, the solutions to fix the issues, and how to track the payment status.
Reasons for Scholarship Payment Not Being Credited
- Inactive or Closed Bank Account: If the student has provided an inactive or closed bank account for receiving the payment, the scholarship amount cannot be credited.
- Transaction Limit: If the scholarship amount exceeds the transaction limit of the student’s bank account, it may not be credited to the account.
- Incomplete Verification: If the student has not completed the verification process at all levels, the scholarship amount may not be credited to their account.
- Scholarship Application Rejected: If the scholarship application has been rejected due to any reason, the scholarship amount will not be credited to the student’s account.
- Scholarship Under Process: If the scholarship application is still under process, the payment may be delayed until it is processed and credited to the student’s account.
To fix the above issues and receive the NSP scholarship payment, here are some steps that students can follow:
- Ensure Active Bank Account: Students should ensure that they have provided an active bank account that is in use for receiving the scholarship payment. If the account is inactive or closed, they should provide a new account and update the details on the NSP portal.
- Check Transaction Limit: Students should check the transaction limit of their bank account and ensure that it is not exceeded by the scholarship amount. If it is exceeded, they should contact their bank to increase the limit or provide a new account with a higher transaction limit.
- Complete Verification: Students should complete the verification process at all levels to ensure that their scholarship application is processed without any delays. They should check the status of their application regularly and complete any pending verifications.
- Rectify Rejection Reason: If the scholarship application has been rejected, students should check the reason for rejection and rectify the issue. They should reapply for the scholarship and provide all the necessary documents and details.
- Wait for Processing: If the scholarship application is still under process, students should wait patiently for the payment to be credited to their account. They should regularly check the status of their application and contact the NSP helpline or their institution if there is any delay or issue with the processing.
How to Track NSP Scholarship Payment
Students who have applied for NSP Scholarship (Fresh and Renewal) can track their scholarship payment by following these steps:
- Visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) at https://scholarships.gov.in/.
- Click on the ‘Login’ button on the top right corner of the homepage.
- Select ‘Fresh’ or ‘Renewal’ depending on the type of scholarship application you have submitted.
- Enter your Application ID, Password, and the Captcha code.
- Click on the ‘Login’ button.
- Once you are logged in, you can check the status of your scholarship application under the ‘Application Status’ tab.
- To track the scholarship payment, click on the ‘Payment Status’ tab.
- Enter the required details such as Bank Account Number, Bank Name, and Date of Birth.
- Click on the ‘Search’ button to check