Kashmir University Admission Policy 2023
Candidates having passed the qualifying examination with the required
minimum percentage of marks in aggregate as given below are eligible to
apply for admission to the respective programme/s.
The candidates who have passed their qualifying examination under Choice Based Credit System Scheme are eligible/can apply for admission to the PG Programme/s only in such subjects where he/she has earned/obtained at least 24 credits in Core or Generic Elective Courses at Under-Graduation Level. However, for the
courses/programmes where there is open eligibility like LL.B, MA Mass
Communication & Journalism, MA Library & Information Science, MA
Linguistics, MA Anthropology, MA Social Work etc., the candidates having passed their qualifying examination in any discipline are
eligible/can apply for admission to said programmes.
(a) M.Tech (Embedded Systems & Solutions), M.Tech (Computer Science), M.Tech (Electronics & Communication Engineering), M.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) M. Sc. Bio-Technology, M. Pharm, LL. M, M. Ed.
1. For candidates falling under the Reserved Categories namely (i) “Persons
from outside the Kashmir Division”, (ii) “Foreign Nationals” and (iii)
“Children of Permanent Employees (serving/retired) of the University of
Kashmir”, the minimum eligibility shall be the same as that for the open merit category in various programmes/ Courses.
2. Candidates possessing postgraduate degree/s are eligible to seek admission
in another postgraduate programme or in a Diploma/ Certificate course, if they fulfill the eligibility criteria laid down for admission; however, no benefit of reserved category can be granted if already availed.
3. A candidate can simultaneously pursue a full-time PG Programme and one part-time (Morning/Evening) Certificate Course.
II. ENTRANCE EXAMINATION:
1. The eligible candidates shall be required to appear in Entrance Test
comprising of 60 multiple choice questions (MCQ) carrying a total of sixty
marks covering the syllabus prescribed for the concerned subject/programme. The detailed syllabi and previous year’s entrance papers of all PG and other programmes “to which University is offering admission” are available on the official website of the University (www.kashmiruniversity.net).
2. Entrance Test may not be conducted for admission to a programme/ course
where intake capacity is equal to or more than the number of eligible applicants.
3. Negative marking shall be @ 25% i.e. for each wrong answer 0.25 marks shall be deducted.
4. In respect to the below mentioned Programmes, candidates must have a valid score in national level tests conducted by various agencies shown against each.